- Over the years, we've tuned several Hawkeye Subaru Impreza WRX's using the Unichip Module - and for good reason.
- Typically, the Impreza's we see sit somewhere between the 2nd & 3rd stages of tuning; they'll have any combination of an air filter, intercooler, uprated turbo or an upgraded exhaust system.
This puts the owners in a bit of a predicament, as their car is now unable to be flash mapped & purchasing a standalone ECU is a tad overkill to account for the "minor" modifications they've previously installed.
- This is the reason why the Unichip Module is the perfect choice for those with "mid performance" vehicles; the Unichip Module itself to supply, install & calibrate is a fraction of the cost of buying a standalone ECU outright, whilst still retaining all of the benefits & capabilities you've come to expect from replacing an engine's ECU.
The Tuning Process | Unichip Features
- As with all of our Unichip installations, the tuning process starts with a quick diagnostics check to ensure the vehicle is in working order.
Once the the Unichip Module is wired between the ECU and the engine sensors, it's then securely strapped onto our 4-wheel-drive ready for tuning. This process typically takes between 1 - 2 hours depending on the complexity of the tune.
- This specific Subaru Impreza with fitted with an upgraded IHI VF34 Turbo, an STI intercooler & an exhaust system featuring a "decat" pipe. As previously mentioned, with only minor engine modifications installed, installing a standalone ECU is a waste of money. Going the piggyback ECU route is a much more viable option.
- The nature of the Unichip Module means that customers often get to choose up to 5 separate maps to choose from in real time. We programmed the following maps:
- Anti - Theft "Immobilizer" Map.
- High Boost Map.
- Low Boost Map.
- Throttle Booster Map.
- Standard / Stock ECU Map.
- Impreza owners will know that the stock turbo commonly found in these engines is the major limiting factor for more power, hence why we've opted to install an uprated turbo for a nominal fee. We were able to extract a modest 310HP from this Subaru, completely transforming drivability.
Looking to get your vehicle tuned with the Unichip Module? Have a similar setup to this Impreza? Get in touch with Unichip Europe directly for a direct consultation: